Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Rock Creek in May

I know I'm late with this post. But since I'm making my blog into a book I thought I better include this annual tradition. I think this is our 5th or 6th year going to Rock Creek on Memorial Weekend. This time we had a new private campground, we were much closer together and spent a lot of great times with each other. We did a day trip to June Lake Loop and hiked to a water fall where on the way we saw a couple deer and where they nested. It was really pretty! That is where this family picture is taken. On the way back we stopped at ObsidianDome. We gathered some cool rocks while the fearless boys hiked the rocky slope to the very top. We sat around the campfire roasting marshmallow for smore's or circus peanuts if you were feeling adventurous. The boys made a fort just across the creek from our campsite. Gwen couldn't get enough of the dirt. From the moment we arrived she was covered in it to the time we left. I think that is why kids love camping so much. They get to get dirty!!! We stayed in Grandpa Beck's new motorhome. What a treat! Thanks again, family for another great time. See you next year.


2 comments:

denise @ little ant design said...

We love camping at Rock Creek - it is such a beautiful area.

Great pictures by the way.

baldwin family said...

I forgot we took that group pic at Obsedian rock. Could you please send it to me?

Thanks,Kristy
jkbaldwin01@msn.com