Thursday, March 25, 2010

Back to Work

I always knew I wanted to go back to nursing but wasn't quite ready for it yet. This economy has forced me to go back early. It took me a good 3-4 months of daily searching for a job. I always thought I could easily find a job with such talk about a "nursing shortage" but not now. These days new grads are lucky to find an internship. People like me, stay at home moms, have come back to nursing and have snatched up any available job. I sure am lucky to have found one in a hospital. I am working for Mission Hospital Laguna Beach on the medical surgical telemetry floor. I love getting my hands back on needles, IV's, and port-a-caths, but I don't love the 12 hour shifts. Boy what a view though. We are right on Pacific Coast Highway overlooking the beach.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Good for you!! Doesn't it feel good? I'm sure you feel the same gratitude I do to have such a great profession to fall back on when needed. Good luck!!